Event suggestions!

So feel free to brain storm some suggestions for future events, I'm thinking in the lines of just social hangouts at someones house, dungeon runs, RP events, competitions of some sort (?) etc :)
No right or wrong, just go wild ;P

Re: Event suggestions!

Hey. So, I found quite a few nice ideas online and decide to "convert" them for TESO. It's not exactly Brainstorming, but it's kinda WIP and any suggestions are welcome =)

Bounty Hunters
This one needs quite a bit of coordination.
Main idea:
Guild Members have to find a certain individual (Without knowing his name) and trade him a thing for potetial reward.
Setting up the Event:
We'll need a person outside the guild, who wuold be willing to do the "wanted person". Next up would be some distinctive clothing/weapons (To actually recognize him).
The Event itself:
All "Hunters" recieve a basic recipe, purchasable in any Inn (Golden Lager, for example), which will be the thing they are supposed to trade to the "Wanted". The "Wanted" is, at this time, supposed to already be somewhere away from the gathering place. The game begins with first hint about the location of the suspect (Written preferably in guild chat), then is followed by hints about his race, then equipment. If the event goes on for too long, the hints will have to be more and more "in depth" (Couldn't find the right word ATM =D). The Hunters do NOT know the name of the suspect.
Downsides:
It might be a bit hard to keep up the fair play and avoid cheating, since lower level Hunters might not have access to Washrines and Mounts. Plus a certain individual would have to leave the guild to avoid any teleporting on player (I'd be glad for any suggestions from more veteran players as to how the cheating would be possible here)

Shopping list
Fairly simple event, simple to organize.
Main Idea:
Guild members get a list of things they are supposed to gather.
Setting up the Event:
This one will unfortunately need some kind of "gold input", since the best outcome would be, if some of the items necessary for completion were from traders from the city the event takes place in.
The Event itself:
"Shoppers" gather at one place (City stables for example) and recieve a list of things, they are supposed to gather. It can be anything purchasable and even something, that you can gather/craft from the NPCs/resources around the city. The first one to trade them in to the "Event Master" wins.
Downsides:
The most obvious one would be storing the necessary items in banks etc., thus eliminating the need of frantic running around the city and its premises. Next one would be the financial cost of the shopping list itself, as most low level players don't really have much gold to spare.

Photoshoot
Very simple event for a nice content hunt for the site. could be adapted into a fanart event (Not sure how many talented people are in the guild RN =D)
Main idea:
Guild members have to take an interesting picture from the game, wearing a guild tabard. The winner gets some prize some kind of a prize (money/stuffs)
Setting up the Event:
We will have to scrape up some prize mooey or find someone willing to share something valuable to motivate members with more than "community building" and set up a way how to send the images to a comitee. Now thre's the uqestion of the comitee. We would either make one or we would have to set up a vote system.
The Event itself:
Nothing much to write here. Time limit should be about 14 days or so. In that time, members are allowed to send a set number of screenshots. After 14 days, comitee/voters choose a winner who recieves their price by in-game mail. (Everything should be documented to eliminate suspicion about cheating/not sending the prize eetc.)
Downsides:
Members of the comitee wwill not be able to participate and voting system might be a bit hard to set up and get working.

Guild Lottery/Raffle
Now. This one is pretty common and has already been suggested, but I wanted take a closer look into the ralization of the lottery itself. The best option would be without addons. It might be a bit more complicated, but it would be as transparent as it gets.
Main Idea:
Guild members will be able to purchase tickets into "Guild Raffle". At the end of the week, we draw prizes. Anything will do, really. About 90% of the money we collect would go to the winner and 10% goes to the guild bank in order to pay for the guild trader, future events, etc.
Setting up the Event:
Finding this one was a pain in the a** =D First of all, we will have to appoint someone to collect the gold and write down the participants onto the webpage/forum. the most trustworthy would be without a doubt the guildmaster. The rolling itself can be done on https://rolz.org/. With this site, it's as transparent as it gets. You can generate any random number and all that in a chat room with witnesses. Wintesses should be some officers and of course any member that would want to see the process with his own eyes. The process will be screenshoted and posted into a thread of weekly winners.
The Event itself:
At the beginning of the week, a new lottery is created. Members can buy tickets for gold (100/500/1000) by sending the gold AND their requested amount of tickets to the "Gold holder". The Gold holder then updates a spreadsheet on the website with the amount of gold deposited and the tickets purchased. The tickets will probably have to be a random number rolled on the website stated above, to avoid blocks of tickets. At the end of the week, we roll numbers on https://rolz.org/ with some witnesses and screenshots, post up winners and evidence of rolling and send the prizes to the winners.
Prizes:
Gold: 10-20% of the gold we collect will stay in the Guild Bank to pay for future events, prizes and the guild trader, the rest goes to the winner
Items: Later, after we collect enough gold to buy some stuff for the Lotto, we can draw more winning tickets, where the rest of the winners get the items bought/donated.
Downsides:
The most obvious one is the amount of work we will have to put in it. I am expecting a slow start as well. It could be done in a much simpler way of course, but that would eliminate the transparency. I personally trust everyone in the guild but a non-transparent system might always be a target of "what-if" questions from newcomers/unhappy participants.
The slow start is almost unavoidable, simply because we don't have that many core members just yet and not everyone is willing to spend gold on a gamble. One way to solve participation issues might be giving away free tickets but that would result in a lower reward =/
The amount of tickets would have to be limited. Let's say about 10 per member.

I hope I covered everything in here. If there are any suggestions, improvements or questions, COME AT ME! =D

Edit: Added a Screenshot of rolling in the chatroom
Last edited by z0ned on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guild Lottery/Raffle
Now. This one is pretty common and has already been suggested, but I wanted take a closer look into the ralization of the lottery itself. The best option would be without addons. It might be a bit more complicated, but it would be as transparent as it gets.
Main Idea:
Guild members will be able to purchase tickets into "Guild Raffle". At the end of the week, we draw prizes. Anything will do, really. About 90% of the money we collect would go to the winner and 10% goes to the guild bank in order to pay for the guild trader, future events, etc.
Setting up the Event:
Finding this one was a pain in the a** =D First of all, we will have to appoint someone to collect the gold and write down the participants onto the webpage/forum. the most trustworthy would be without a doubt the guildmaster. The rolling itself can be done on https://rolz.org/. With this site, it's as transparent as it gets. You can generate any random number and all that in a chat room with witnesses. Wintesses should be some officers and of course any member that would want to see the process with his own eyes. The process will be screenshoted and posted into a thread of weekly winners.
The Event itself:
At the beginning of the week, a new lottery is created. Members can buy tickets for gold (100/500/1000) by sending the gold AND their requested amount of tickets to the "Gold holder". The Gold holder then updates a spreadsheet on the website with the amount of gold deposited and the tickets purchased. The tickets will probably have to be a random number rolled on the website stated above, to avoid blocks of tickets. At the end of the week, we roll numbers on https://rolz.org/ with some witnesses and screenshots, post up winners and evidence of rolling and send the prizes to the winners.
Prizes:
Gold: 10-20% of the gold we collect will stay in the Guild Bank to pay for future events, prizes and the guild trader, the rest goes to the winner
Items: Later, after we collect enough gold to buy some stuff for the Lotto, we can draw more winning tickets, where the rest of the winners get the items bought/donated.
Downsides:
The most obvious one is the amount of work we will have to put in it. I am expecting a slow start as well. It could be done in a much simpler way of course, but that would eliminate the transparency. I personally trust everyone in the guild but a non-transparent system might always be a target of "what-if" questions from newcomers/unhappy participants.
The slow start is almost unavoidable, simply because we don't have that many core members just yet and not everyone is willing to spend gold on a gamble. One way to solve participation issues might be giving away free tickets but that would result in a lower reward =/
The amount of tickets would have to be limited. Let's say about 10 per member.

I hope I covered everything in here. If there are any suggestions, improvements or questions, COME AT ME! =D
pretty good! The idea might be common and simple but it is actually pretty great if it works because you will find more people buying more tickets to win the raffle (win-win) if lower members are in and both sides will be happy because 10-20% goes to guild and the rest will be won by one member.

pretty good! The idea might be common and simple but it is actually pretty great if it works because you will find more people buying more tickets to win the raffle (win-win) if lower members are in and both sides will be happy because 10-20% goes to guild and the rest will be won by one member.
Thank you! It took some googling, but this seems like to most transparent and doable thing. I've seen a couple of posts on TESO forums, complaining about the legitimacy of guid lotteries. That's why I am hesitant to use an addon. I am a sore loser myself and I know there are people who would complain about cheating. Now we need to find any remaining issues with this, set a ticket price and let Wazumba decide if it's worth the time invested =D